In order to ensure that the liquidity of Spanish companies would not be put under further strain during the emergency, the Spanish authorities have made it possible to defer the payment of social security contributions.
With immediate effect, all companies, regardless of size or sector, can request a deferral of the payment of the employer’s social security contributions for the months of March, April, May and June 2020.
- Requests for postponement must be submitted before the 10th of each month.
- The deferred payment shall be paid in equal installments for a period of 6 months (based on the currently available information, changes are possible).
- The interest rate is 0.5%.
- The first payment to be postponed (March) concerns only the period 14/03-31/03.
- There shall be no other deferral arrangements or arrears.
- No ERTE should have been applied for (temporary lay-offs and reductions in working time).
In the course of the next few weeks, the government will also clarify a moratorium scheme (suspension without interest) which, in addition to the deferral settlement described above, will apply to the social security contributions of April, May and June. In all likelihood, there will be certain restrictions on the moratorium (sectors, number of employees, turnover). We will inform you as soon as there is more clarity.
Relations of EuroEconomics are welcome to contact their regular contact person.
More news on COVID-19 measures in Spain
- State guaranteed financing
- New economic emergency measures COVID-19
- Spanish government announces first corona measures
Do you want more information about this post or about taxes in Spain? Read below what you can download for free or ask us your question without obligation.
Brochure Tax Rates Spain 2019
Download free and without any obligation our brochure Tax Rates 2019, with the current tax rates for companies, individuals and real estate. A ‘must have’ for advisers who have clients with business, family or a holiday home in Spain.
Best deal > Free alert service
We offer our clients, advisors and visitors of this website the possibility a free alert service. No costs and no obligations. We will inform about deadlines for tax returns and interesting changes and possibilities for (specificly) foreigners who are living in Spain, have business in Spain or who have family or a house in Spain.
Do you want to stay up to date? Then fill in your name and email in the Free alert service fields on our home page. Subscribe now, it’s free.
questions about starting a business in Spain?
We, EuroEconomics, the company behind EasyTaxSpain, have a team of more than 50 tax advisors, lawyers and accountants. Do you want to start a business in Spain?
Do you have questions about taxes or starting a business in Spain and are you looking for a contact that looks after tax affairs and tax returns in Spain?