Do you have a question about taxes in Spain? Click here, answer within one business day. Easy, no costs.


Performances by foreign artists in Spain may be taxed

Temperory work carried out in Spain by self-employed persons or ‘free professionals’ living in another country and usually working in another country, may in principle not be taxed in Spain as long as there is no ‘fixed center’ (permanent workplace) in Spain.

However, there is an exception for artists:

Income and benefits from work carried out in Spain by foreign artists may be taxed in Spain according to the tax treaty between Spain and that other country.

If you want to know what the tax treaty of Spain with your country stipulates about this subject, please let us know. We will send you this information for free.

Theater, film, television, musicians, DJs ..

In particular, they are called professional artists such as actors, film, radio and television artists and musicians. This also includes foreign DJs who are regularly hired for important international and tourists events.

Spain applies in these cases the EU non-resident rate of 19% for EU tax residents and 24% for non EU residents.

Do you have questions about this subject?

Do you want more information about this subject or do you want us to take care of your tax returns in Spain?

Send us easy your question.

You will receive a response within one working day

You are very welcome. No costs.