Taxes House Non-Residents


Do you have a question about taxes in Spain? Click here, answer within one business day. Easy, no costs.

Taxes if you rent the property in Spain

Rental income from a property in Spain is taxed in Spain. This means that tax returns must be made in Spain.

For non-residents, the fixed rate of 19% applies if they are resident in another European Union country. For residents from countries outside the European Union the rate is 24%.

Costs incurred to make the rental possible are deductible. However, this concerns a limited list of direct costs (for example, travel expenses to ‘inspect’ the property are excluded).

Taxes if you use the property only yourself

If the house is not rented out, a flat-rate income of 1.1% is granted on the cadastral value (and 2% if the cadastral value has not been revised in the past 10 years).

If you do not live in Spain but in another EU country, this flat-rate income is taxed at the non-resident rate of 19%. If you live in a country outside the European Union, you pay 24% about this ‘flat-rate income’ of 1,1% or 2%.

Municipal tax

There is also a municipal tax in Spain, the IBI. For more information about this, please refer to the relevant municipal taxes page.

Do you want us to take care of your tax returns?

Do you have a question or do you want clear information on how we can take care of your tax returns?

Let us know and click here.

We are happy to be of service to you.

You will receive a response within one working day